Cardiff 25th September 2016
The Wild One
Wales will once again kick off the 2016 Survival season, can you Survive our jampacked Cardiff course? Get ready to tackle 50 obstacles over our 10km course in and around the Bay, including a refreshing dip in the International White Water Centre for one hell of a wet ‘n’ wild dunking.
Where is it? Roald Dahl Plass 2015 Record: 54:04
Nottingham – 15th October
The Wet One
Home of the original 10km Survival race back in 2008 this is our classic course that sees 4000 turn up on the startline every year. This flat, fast paced race guarantees to leave you looking like a drowned rat as we chuck you in the drink again and again and again.
Where is it? Victoria Embankment 2014 Record: 00:57:05
Edinburgh 23rd October 2016
The Hilly One
Inspired by the Scottish landscape this Survival is rough, rugged and our toughest 10km. From your epic charge down the Royal Mile you’ll be tackling an intense array of obstacles including all the hills, hills and more hills we can find.
Where is it? West Princes Street Gardens 2015 Record: 00:55:33
Manchester 05th November 2016
The Muddy One
It may be slap bang in the city centre but we’ve got lashings of mud and more than one full body dunking in this flat, filthy 10km.
Where is it? Etihad Campus 2015 Record: 00:50:01
London 26st November
The Big One
Our season finale is the biggest single day OCR in the UK. With monster builds and a beer tent the size of a football field we see the season out in style. Get on that startline and line up alongside 10000 Survivors ready to tackle 75 obstacles.
Where is it? Wembley Park 2015 Record: 00:39:43
– Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
– Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It allows you to swap your entry to another participant or change your team members without incurring any further costs.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose. –
This fee covers the costs of operating the following:
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20%
– Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
– How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket and there will not be any entry fees or Administration fees to pay when registering.
* Not applicable to all events